We’ve extended this consultation
To make sure everyone can provide feedback on the concept design for Cambridge Street Reserve, we’ve extended the survey closing date till 5pm Friday 18 June 2021.
Because we had to cancel our pop-up engagement event due to recent COVID-19 restrictions, we’re offering the opportunity to book a time to speak with the project team about your feedback. Just call us on 9205 5555 to make a time.
Thanks for your patience and understanding – we hope to see you in-person again shortly. For more information on our service changes visit yarracity.vic.gov.au/coronavirus
A rare opportunity to create Collingwood's biggest park
Collingwood has the least amount of open space out of all Yarra's suburbs, with just three square metres of open space for every square kilometre of land. This means less places for people to enjoy fresh air and sunlight, and for children to play.
By expanding Cambridge Street Reserve, we will be able to offer you:
- More space to gather, have picnics, play or just relax.
- Opportunity to enjoy sunlight during cooler days, and shade on warmer days.
- More options for play, through open lawn space as well as sculptural play structures.
- Improved safety and visibility due to more open space.
- Improved access, including from Peel Street and neighbouring apartments.
We know more open space is important to you
Last year, we spoke with the community over several rounds of consultation. We heard lots of great ideas, which we have used to create a draft design for the park.
The main things we heard:
- You want us to think big with our ideas.
- You'd like to have a park with a natural feel, with some lawn area, space to gather in groups, and trees and planting.
- Most of you are on board with expanding the park into the road space, but a small number were concerned about the potential impacts to traffic flow and parking.
It's our chance offer you more open space
- an extension of Cambridge Street Reserve
- a new park in Otter Street, near the Smith Street intersection
Let us know what you think
Take a look at the proposed design. Click on each hotspot to find out more, and share your feedback in the form below.