Consultation has concluded.
The Yarra Gambling Policy outlines the ways in which Council will work to minimise the social and economic harms caused by gambling through advocacy to other levels of government, planning controls, community education and by supporting gambling-free initiatives that increase community connectedness and inclusion.
The policy was developed in 2016, in close consultation with local service providers and community organisations that support community members at risk of harm from gambling.
"To advocate for a fairer society where the gambling industry no longer causes social and economic harm in the community of Yarra"
Goals of the Policy
- Advocacy to reduce the number of poker machines in Yarra
- Support gambling-free community activities
- Improve community understanding about the risks posed to the community by the gambling industry
- Reform of the gambling industry
- Enable community participation in planning decisions concerning gambling activities
View the Gambling Policy
The Gambling Policy was adopted by Council on 22 November 2016. View the policy here.
If you have any questions about the Draft Gambling Policy or gambling in Yarra, please refer to the FAQs or contact Belinda Robson, Senior Policy Advisor on 9205 5555 or email@example.com