The proposed treatment aims to address a number of issues at this location:
- High volumes of traffic.
- Conflicts between pedestrians, cyclists and drivers.
- Lack of pedestrian crossing facilities.
What is the proposed treatment?
The proposal includes:
- Pedestrian crossings on all four sides of the intersection.
- Speed cushions before the pedestrian crossings either side of the intersection on Trenerry Crescent.
- A road hump on Turner Street on the west side of the intersection.
- Bike lanes end early to encourage cyclists to 'claim the lane' and share road space with vehicles through the roundabout, rather than staying left.
Find out more by clicking on the spots below. You can view in full screen using the button in the top-right corner.
Benefits of this proposed treatment
The benefits of this option are:
- If cyclists claim the lane, rather than staying left, it will reduce the likelihood of cyclists being sideswiped by vehicles through the intersection.
- It will reduce traffic speeds through the roundabout.
- Improved pedestrian safety.
If you would like to find out more about this proposed treatment, you can get in touch with us:
📧 Email email@example.com
📞 Call us on 9205 5555