Thank you to everybody who shared feedback at the end of 2021. We heard some really valuable input from a good cross section of motorists, cyclists and pedestrians.
Your feedback has helped us develop some treatment options to make the roads in the area safer, with a focus on the Yambla Street, Gray Street and Trenerry Crescent corridor.
We've worked with an external traffic consultant to develop these proposed options, and we want to know what you think. We'll use your input to decide how or whether we move forward with each option.
Share your feedback by filling in the form below by Monday 11 July 2022 at 9am, or chat to Yarra staff:
In person at one of our pop-ups
- Wednesday 29 June, 4pm to 5.30pm, Victoria Park (near the end of Bath Street). This session is subject to weather conditions.
- Thursday 30 June, 4.30pm to 6.30pm, Clifton Hill Depot - 168 Roseneath Street
Speak to a council officer
📧 Email email@example.com
📞 Call us on 9205 5555
What did we hear in 2021?
We received 406 contributions to the map board and 312 survey contributions in late 2021. Around 81% of respondents were local to either Abbotsford or Clifton Hill. We also heard from people who work or visit the area (18%) and from a small number of respondents (1%) who travel through the area as part of a longer journey.
We also took into account your feedback on a separate project in 2020 focussing on Trenerry Crescent.
We listened to your feedback in 2020
To ensure the community is involved in our planning, we're asking for your input at three stages:
1️⃣ You highlight the issues ✔️
2️⃣ We come back to you with options or recommendations for your feedback Closes Monday 11 July at 9am
3️⃣ We exhibit the final draft for any final feedback before its formally endorsed and works are undertaken.
Now see what's proposed
Your feedback, along with a road safety review, has helped us identify a number of locations where the conflict between different types of road uses cause them to be higher risk. The aim of the proposed traffic treatments is to reduce road safety incidents for the benefit of the local wider community and our visitors.
You can view all of the treatments as a PDF. You can also explore the proposed treatments by clicking on the pins in the map below, or view them by the street names.
View the map
View by street names
See the proposed treatments via the links below:
- Heidelberg Road and Fenwick Street intersection
- Intersection of Ramsden Street and Yambla Street
- Yambla Street
- Roseneath Street at intersection with Yambla and Gray streets
- Roseneath and Field streets
- Intersection of Noone Street, Gray Street and Trenerry Crescent
- Trenerry Crescent underpass
- Trenerry Crescent at the Dights Falls car park
- Trenerry Crescent near Maugie Street
- Eastern Freeway pedestrian overpass
- Trenerry Crescent at Abbott Street
- Trenerry Crescent near Bath Street
- Intersection of Trenerry Crescent and Turner Street
- Turner Street
- Johnston Street