The proposed changes address two issues at this intersection:
- Crashes involving cyclists travelling from Yambla Street.
- Vehicles failing to comply with the stop sign on Yambla Street.
What is the proposed treatment?
We are proposing to:
- Add green pavement to more clearly mark the bike lane, and widen the bike cut-through from Yambla street.
- Extend the existing curb to reinforce the stop sign.
- Install a road hump on the east approach on Ramsden Street to slow traffic.
- We could install a low height garden bed to help ensure there is clear space, which will improve lines of sight.
Click on the spots below to see the proposed changes. You can also expand the image to view it in full screen.
Benefits of this proposed treatment
The proposed treatment would reduce the likelihood of collisions between road users, and improve the safety of the intersection.
Disadvantages of this proposed treatment
No significant change
is proposed to existing conditions other than improving visibility and negotiating
the intersection at lower speed.
If you have questions about this proposed treatment, you can get in touch with us:
📧 Email email@example.com
📞 Call us on 9205 5555