We’re in the early stages of planning for the future of the Chas Farquhar complex in Richmond. This will include upgrading buildings and facilities.
The complex includes three buildings:
- Richmond Kindergarten at 27 Duke Street, Richmond
- The Cubby House at 92-94 Lord Street, Richmond
- The Stables at 19-21 Duke Street, Richmond
We asked you to share your your experience of the Chas Farquhar complex, and tell us what you would like to see in the future. We collected this feedback between Monday 23 September and Friday 18 October 2019.
In 2020, we will be developing a draft design for the building upgrades, which will be made available for community feedback.
Decision on the Chas Farquhar management model
At its meetings on 3 and 17 December 2019, Yarra Council resolved to transition the Cubby House, the Richmond Kindergarten and the Stables into an integrated community hub offering a range services for families.
The hub will also provide a place for neighbourhood activities and venue hire.
Why are we upgrading these facilities?
There are some issues at the complex that need to be addressed:
- Increasing the number of kindergarten places at Richmond Kindergarten including space to provide 3-year-old kindergarten, which the Victorian Government will be introducing from 2022.
- The Cubby House building is nearing the end of its life, and relocation of current Neighbourhood House services needs to be considered.
- Improving utilisation of the community rooms at The Stables.