We're assisting our local businesses and sole traders to adapt and thrive during coronavirus (COVID-19) through:
- the launch of Yarra's Local Business and Precinct Support Fund, valued at $160,000, to help businesses and sole traders struggling with the effects of physical distancing and forced closures
- a six-month refund (April to September 2020) on footpath trading permits, food registrations and health registrations
- a waiver of fees for new footpath trading permits, food permits and health permits for the remainder of 2020
- a waiver of business parking permits (for eligible businesses) for a period of 12 months
- weekly webinars on useful topics including how to access Federal and Victorian government funding, human resources and managing people, working from home and mental health support.
You can still shop local
Many Yarra businesses are adapting and finding creative new ways to trade. Support your local traders and find out who’s still open for business by visiting our online map.