Street dreams are made of...?
Brunswick Street has been a vibrant, quirky and creative hub for a long time.
And we want to keep it that way!
In August 2019, we heard from the people who live, work, and spend time in Brunswick Street. We wanted to know what would make it a nicer street for people to spend time in.
Thank you to everyone who contributed. This survey is now closed.
Who did we talk to?
We heard from the people who live, work, study and spend time in and around Brunswick Street.
- We saw more than 271 ideas on the online map.
- 317 people filled out our online form.
- Around 300 people visited our three pop-up sessions along Brunswick Street.
- Four different groups of children from three childcare centres and a school shared their ideas during a walk around the area.
- We visited shops and businesses along Brunswick Street to hear from the people who do business there.
- We spoke to residents, the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people who volunteer in the area, local community organisations, places of worship, and other groups who spend time in this area.
What are we doing with your ideas?
All your feedback and ideas is helping us develop the Brunswick Street Streetscape Masterplan, which is looking at:
- Street furniture (e.g. seats and bike parking)
- Public art
- Greenery and trees
- Lighting and signposting
- Places to meet and gather
- Anywhere else cars don't go
Note: We know bike lanes, tram stops, car parking, traffic and other things that sit outside this plan are important to you. So, while this plan won't directly look at those things, we will still collect this feedback and share it with the relevant groups.
See some ideas on the map
Take a look at the map below to see some people's ideas for Brunswick Street's footpaths and public spaces.