Find out more about some of the proposed Environmentally Sustainable Design (ESD) strategies we have planned for Brunswick Street Oval.
- All electric facilities, without the need for gas, powered by 100% renewable energy.
- Solar installed on roofs, in addition to the solar panels already installed on the grandstand.
- Energy efficient appliances including air conditioning and lighting.
- High performance insulation.
- Using of shading and sky lights to allow in an appropriate amount of heat and light.
- Rainwater harvested from the roof for reuse in toilets and irrigation.
- Smart controls and monitoring to minimise water consumption.
- Water sensitive landscaping.
- Use of sustainable and responsibly sourced materials.
- Lower emissions in design of construction.
- Building and landscape elements to reduce the impact of the heat island effect, including light-coloured materials and appropriate planting.
- Bicycle parking to support sustainable transport options.
You can view the PDFs below to find more details about the proposed ESD strategies for the upgrade:
Overall ESD strategies proposed for the upgrade.
ESD strategies proposed for the new sports pavilion.
ESD strategies proposed for the tennis pavilion and community facilies.