Climate emergency? No question about it.
Test you knowledge in our quiz.
1. What is responsible for most greenhouse gas emissions in Yarra?
A. Electricity use
B. Driving vehicles (non-electric)
C. Natural gas use
2. Waste in landfill can release harmful greenhouse gases. Australians send around $500 million worth of clothing to landfill each year. How much of this could be recycled or reused instead?
3. Between 1981 and 2010, Melbourne experienced an average of 8 days a year over 35°C. How many of these scorchers are we predicted to expect in 2050?
A. 4 to 12 days
B. 13 to 21 days
C. 22 to 30 days
4. Up to 50% of waste sent to landfill is food waste. As it decomposes, it produces methane, which is at least 28 times more damaging than carbon dioxide. What’s the best way to reduce this?
B. Better meal planning
C. Storing and eating leftovers
D. All of the above
5. In Australia, how many of the 10 hottest years on record have occurred since 2005?
6. 95% of all plastic packaging is used once and then wasted, often as litter. Australians are estimated to send 2.7 million of what to landfill each day?
A. Yoghurt tubs
B. Empty soft drink bottles
C. Takeaway coffee cups
7. Cycling is a pollution-free mode of transport. Which metropolitan Melbourne area has more residents per capita riding bicycles to and from work than in any other?