We've prepared a draft Concept Design to improve the streetscape outside Richmond Town Hall and the former Police Station on Bridge Road.
These upgrades will increase greenery and provide a more enjoyable visitor experience to this locally significant building.
The proposed draft Concept Design aims to:
- recognise and celebrate the civic importance of Richmond Town Hall and the former Police Station
- provide an attractive and flexible space with different types of seating
- include tree planting and greenery to enhance the current streetscape
- be respectful to its setting and provide an understated approach to highlight the surrounding buildings' heritage
- incorporate high-quality materials and finishes that reflect the local architecture.
These upgrades only focus on the public spaces outside the Richmond Town Hall and former Police Station.
How we got here
A few years ago we worked with the community to develop a Streetscape Masterplan for Bridge Road, which was adopted by Council on 21 November 2017. The Streetscape Masterplan identified several potential projects to improve public spaces along Bridge Road, including the Richmond Town Hall precinct.
During the consultation you told us you'd like to see:
- more and improved public spaces along Bridge Road, including at Richmond Town Hall
- more trees and greenery along Bridge Road
- creation of pause points for pedestrians
- improved wayfinding and signage.
We have closely considered this feedback while producing these draft concepts, and now want to check in to see whether they reflect your vision for the Richmond Town Hall precinct.
Have your say
Share your feedback with us by taking the quick survey below. Consultation closed on Thursday 19 March 2020.