This consultation has now closed.
As with previous years, Council’s aim has been to deliver a responsible budget that not only invests in new and existing community infrastructure, but also continues to provide the hundreds of vital services that are fundamental to our community health and wellbeing, and sustains the general amenity of Yarra.
During 2016/17 Council will complete the highly anticipated North Fitzroy Library and Community Hub, including new library collection materials. The proposed budget also provides for upgrades to playgrounds in Abbotsford, Clifton Hill and North Fitzroy, renovations to facilities at the much-loved Fitzroy Swimming Pool and Richmond Recreation Centre and installation of new sports lights at Kevin Bartlett Reserve in Richmond.
Council is proposing a general rate increase of 2.5% (in line with the State Government’s Fair Go Rates System cap on rate increases), along with a modest increase in most fees and charges. To help reduce the impact on pensioners, Council has also increased its pensioner rebate by 2.9% (from $170 to $175), which they receive in addition to the Victorian Government rebate.
Budget at a glance
- $171 million total operating expenditure budget
- $2 million for new capital projects and other new initiatives
- $2 million for community grants
- 2.5% increase in general rates, in line with the State Government’s Fair Go Rates System, which introduces a rate cap for all Victorian Councils.
- 2.9% increase in the rate rebate for pensioners (from $170 to $175 per annum).
View the Proposed Budget 2016/17
- View the Proposed Budget 2016/17 document in full.
- Read more about the Budget Highlights.
- Find out about the Community Information Sessions.
Have Your Say
Make a submission to the Proposed Budget via this online form below.
Submissions must be received by 5pm on Friday 6 May 2016.
For more information about the Proposed Budget 2016/17, please contact Council on 9205 5555 or firstname.lastname@example.org