Abbotsford precinct is bounded by the Yarra River, Hoddle Street, Eastern Freeway and Victoria Street.
Where is open space currently located?
Victoria Park, Gahan Reserve and the system of open space along the Yarra River including Collingwood Children’s Farm and Dights Falls contribute to open space in Abbotsford.
Open space is well distributed north of Gipps Street, however south of Gipps Street there is a lack of open space combined with a future substantial increase in the resident and worker population.
- Continue to investigate securing a linear open space reserve along the Yarra River.
- Provide a new neighbourhood park in the southern part of Abbotsford.
- Provide two new small local open spaces for the existing and forecast community in the south-west part of Abbotsford.
- Improve the diversity of facilities and character across existing open spaces.
- Increase greening, particularly in higher density areas, to mitigate the urban heat island effect.