🌍 Your language
Help us write the next chapter for our libraries!
Our libraries are vibrant community hubs that help build engaged, productive and multi literate communities through all sorts of programs and activities. Right now we're planning our next four years so we want to hear what you love about our libraries now, and any new ideas for services and activities, how we deliver them and make sure no-one's left out of the story!
More than books...
We welcomed 226,000 visitors and delivered over 2,800 programs last year.
Throughout COVID we've delivered food relief packages, introduced monthly markets at Fitzroy housing estate to redirect surplus from landfill and stocked our many street libraries.
Our 46,000 members also know about our online offerings like:
- our podcasts of author talks, book chats and panel discussions,
- our Vimeo channel showcasing Storytime and activities for kids, and
- Creative Bug providing craft tutorials and more,
just to name a few and all from the comfort of your own home!
It doesn't matter your age, interests or language. Whether you're looking to make jewellery, trace your family heritage, learn a new language, code with Lego or start a business. Your local library can make it happen!
Books you say?
We have one of the largest collections in Australia including nearly 4,000 free audiobooks and over 30,000 free movies and documentaries.
What will happen next?
Share your ideas from September through to November and be in the prize draw for one of 4 Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 tablets!
- Take the survey below, or
- Drop in to one of 5 libraries *subject to COVID restrictions
- We'll also be running pop up events later in the year so stay tuned for updates when restrictions ease.