An opportunity for a much-needed upgrade
The current toilet facilities at Edinburgh Gardens are not meeting demand at peak usage times and we have needed to bring in portable toilets each year to meet that demand. We've heard loud and clear that we need to address this.
We have secured funding from the Federal Government that we can use to upgrade and expand toilet facilities at the park. The conditions of this funding requires that construction is completed by December 2021.
We have identified two locations to best meet visitors' needs:
- Expanded public toilet facilities at the Alfred Crescent pavilion towards the south of the gardens. This will provide for toilets for eleven additional users and additional hand washing stations and five additional gender neutral cubicles. These toilets are additional to the two accessible toilets already at this location.
- Expanded toilet block near St Georges Road on the northern side of the gardens. This will provide toilets for six more users
and extra handwashing stations, in addition to the seven cubicles already
at this site. The upgraded toilets will include eight gender-neutral
These upgrades will help manage the demand for public toilets in the gardens during peak park usage periods, and avoid or minimise the need for the installation of temporary toilet blocks in the park during these times.
Please note that the number of additional cubicles may alter slightly depending on detailed design and construction costing through the procurement process.
Have your say!We’d like your input before we finalise designs and start construction.
Tell us your thoughts by:
- filling out the feedback form below
- calling 9205 5555 to speak to a project team member
- emailing email@example.com
Consultation closed at 5pm on Friday 2 July 2021.