Consultation has concluded. Thanks to everyone who participated in the McConchie Reserve Revamp project!
We heard a wide range of views and ideas from local residents and park users during two rounds of community consultation in October 2016 and February 2017.
One of the most popular suggestions from the community was to add a basketball half court to McConchie Reserve. Following further community discussion, Council has decided to include the half court at the east end of the reserve, as per the draft concept plan.
Highlights of the final plan
- Basketball half court to the east end of the reserve.
- Fitness equipment to the south boundary of the park – including monkey bars, step ups, push ups, dips, leg lifts.
- Picnic tables and new seats.
- Retain the existing play equipment – no new play items.
- No new shade – the shade sail would have been a significant structure added to the park (poles up to 6.5m high), and the existing trees will grow to provide shade to the play area.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss this project, contact:
Kevin Ayrey, Landscape Architect
Phone: 9205 5770