We’ve put together a draft plan to upgrade the Jack Dyer Pavilion at Citizens Park in Richmond.
The design provides new facilities for the sporting clubs that use the oval and upgraded facilities for broader community use.
You can view the proposed plan and comment using the form below before Wednesday 21 August, or come along and chat to us in-person:
Thursday 8 August
12pm to 1pm
Key features of the draft design
The plan for the upgraded pavilion includes:
- Four accessible and gender inclusive change rooms to enable the sporting clubs to increase membership, including for women and girls' teams.
- Gender inclusive umpire change facilities.
- New first aid facilities.
- Upgraded ground floor kitchen and servery for sporting clubs.
- Improved sustainability features, including water-saving fittings on taps and showers, solar panels on the roof and water harvesting for toilets.
- A new community space with lift access, a new kitchen and audio visual equipment.
- More bike racks to promote sustainable transport in the community.
- The original pre-World War 2 red brick walls will be retained as part of the design.
- The new pavilion will be larger than the existing building. The red line on the plan indicates the exisiting building footprint.