We’ve listened to your ideas on how to improve your local streets and create better spaces for the community.
Based on community feedback in July 2018, we created a traffic management and place-making plan to help make Abbotsford safer and easier to walk and cycle.
The final plan is likely to be delivered from 2019/20 subject to funding.
For more information about this project, check out the FAQs or contact our Transport team on 9205 5555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Other projects in your area
Here’s a snapshot of other road projects happening in your area in 2018 and 2019.
- Church Street – road resheet between Victoria Street and Murray Street
- Clarke Street – footpath repairs
- Gipps Street – isolated repairs to tree root damage, kerb, channel and drainage
- Gipps Street (Collins Bridge) – isolated strengthening works on bridge
- Gipps Street – kerb and line marking works between Victoria Crescent and Collins Bridge to improve bike link and complement future Gipps Street Ramp Project
- Johnston Street – new traffic signals and access to Abbotsford Convent car park as part of Johnston Street improvements
- Marine Parade – kerb, channel and footpath repairs
- St Heliers Street – zebra crossing at convent entrance, new and replacement street trees
- Vere Street – footpath repairs between Park Street and Nicholson Street
- Victoria Street – footpath repairs between Little Lithgow Street and Church Street
- Victoria Street, Lennox Street and Nicholson Street – streetscape improvements including pavement upgrades, lighting, seats, street furniture and landscaping.