Consultation has concluded.
During November 2017 we consulted with the community on the draft concept plan for Flockhart Reserve.
We received a number of suggestions and ideas. The strongest support was for the park to remain ‘a natural space of peace and tranquillity next to the river’.
The final design, which can be viewed here, features:
- Two extra park seats.
- Upgraded picnic settings, with one extra table and seats.
- A new drinking fountain with a dog bowl.
- New park signage, and an extra bin at the southern park entrance.
- Return some of the paved carpark to parkland and change the remaining parking bays to 4 hour parking, Monday to Friday, 7am–7pm. This will provide park users with better access to parking.
- Formalisation of the existing path by surfacing it with gravel.
- Revegetation of the river bank with low plants to retain the views to the river.
We decided against developing an additional lower terrace because it couldn't be achieved within our existing budget.
We know it’s important to the community to access informal natural spaces, and with minor improvements, Flockhart Reserve will continue to be a much loved local park.
The works are expected to begin in April 2018 and will take about four weeks to complete.
Works will be carried out between 7am–4pm, Monday to Friday, in compliance with Council’s local law.
Council is upgrading Flockhart Reserve and is seeking feedback from the community about the proposed concept design.
Options being proposed include upgrading park seating and picnic tables, installing a new drinking fountain and improvements to the path.
We know it's important to the community to access informal natural spaces and with minor improvements, Flockhart Reserve will continue to be a much loved local park
How do I provide feedback?
View the concept design and provide your feedback via
- the feedback form below
- at the on-site drop in session Saturday 11 November, 10am - 12noon
- contact the project manager directly:
Kevin Ayrey, Landscape Architect
Phone: 9205 5555