Proposed electric scoreboard
We are looking into installing a new LED electronic scoreboard at the Brunswick Street Oval, on behalf of the Fitzroy Football Club.
This scoreboard would improve facilities for football and cricket clubs, players, volunteers and spectators that use the oval, and improve amenity for competition fixtures and women’s sport.
The proposed project would involve:
- Removing the current manual scoreboard
- Installing the new LED video display scoreboard on the Freeman Street side of the oval
- Any associated electrical work.
- LED display screen, 4 metres wide and 2 metres high (including frame)
- 5 metres high, including frame and 3-metre stand
- A roller shutter will cover and protect the scoreboard when not in use.
Thank you to everyone who had their say. This consultation is now closed. We're considering those responses and will update you shortly.
The Fitzroy Football Club has received a grant from Sport Australia, which is funding this project. We are supporting the project by consulting the community, managing contractor installation and ongoing maintenance.
If approved, installation works would begin early 2020. We will establish a small closed-off work site to ensure safety. Public access to the Brunswick Street Oval will not be affected.
You have until Thursday 14 November to provide feedback.