This consultation has concluded.
Council is working on a new Budget for 2013-14 and Council Plan for 2013-17 and seeks your feedback.
- Read the draft documents endorsed by Council for public feedback in the library
- Join the Online discussion forum - you're here! Have a look around.
- Make a formal submission (tab below, through Council website, in person or by mail/email)
- Join the conversation on Twitter, tweet us @YarraCouncil and include the hashtag #YarraPlan
- Attend Information sessions at Richmond and Fitzroy Town Halls - Council officers will be on hand to answer questions and listen to your feedback
- Session 1 – Wednesday 8 May from 12.30pm – 2pm at the Fitzroy Town Hall (201 Napier Street)
- Session 2 – Thursday 9 May from 5.30pm – 7pm at the Richmond Town Hall (333 Bridge Road)
We're interested in hearing your thoughts on the issues Council should be engaging with, ideas for programs Council should investigate and specific initiatives Councils should adopt.
Thanks for participating! Your opinions can help shape the priorities of Yarra City Council over the next 4 years.
The budget outlines how we allocate Council resources over the coming period. What are the key things that you think Council should be investing in? Is there anything missing in the current budget or that should be considered for the future?
Council undertakes a number of new programs and projects every year, which are incorporated through the new strategies and plans, New Inititatives and Capital Works.
What projects and programs would you like to recommend to Council? Do you have any ideas for new programs to consider?
A Council Plan outlines the strategic objectives Council will be focussing on in the medium to long term. The 2013-17 Draft Council Plan has five Strategic Objectives:
- Celebrating Yarra's Uniqueness
- Supporting Yarra's Community
- Making Yarra more Liveable
- Ensuring a Sustainable Yarra
- Leading Local Government
Have we got it right? What are the key areas to focus on to reach these objectives? Is there anything we've missed? We want to hear your thoughts!