We asked for your feedback to help us upgrade the playground and paths at Condell Street Reserve.
Thank you to everyone who took the time to share your thoughts and ideas with us.
What you told us
In November 2018, we asked you for your ideas for the upgrade. Some popular ideas included:
- More shade and trees
- Natural looking play equipment
- More exciting equipment
- Better access for people using prams
We also asked you about the pathways in the park, and most people told us they were happy with the paths.
In February/March 2019, we asked you to provide further feedback on the draft plan we had produced. Some key feedback we received:
- More nature play options
- More trees/greenery in the park
- More BBQs, picnic tables and fences for the park
Unfortunately some of these ideas are outside of the scope of this project, but we have incorporated some natural elements and new trees into the plan.
We have developed a final plan for Condell Street Reserve based on both rounds of feedback we received.
Construction of the new playground will commence in July 2019 and will take approximately 4 weeks to complete. Installation of shade sails will begin in late July, and pathways will be updated in late August. Timing is dependent on weather conditions.
The new play equipment will include:
- A new timber multi-play set which includes a ramp, stairs, clatter bridge and tunnel
- More climbing equipment including a spider web climber, a rock wall, a climbing cube, a fireman’s pole and monkey bars to provide more challenging play opportunities
- Two customised shop counters to encourage dramatic play
- Introduction of rocks and a log in the playground area to provide some natural play opportunities. As Condell Street Reserve is a small park, we are restricted in the amount of space available to accommodate this natural play
- Slight increase (1m) of playground footprint to provide room for shade sail posts
- A swing set which will include one sling swing and one toddler swing.
Other upgrades for Condell Street Reserve
Along with the new play equipment, the plan for Condell Street Reserve includes:
- Replacement of central asphalt pathway which is damaged
- Removal of the concrete corners of the circular pathway
- A new asphalt pathway connecting the playground with Condell Street for improved access
- Introduction of shade sails in response to requests for additional shade
- Two new trees in the park to provide additional shade