More about nature based mini golf
A number of venues around Australia have added mini golf to their services with great success. Our early research tells us that including mini golf at Burnley could result in a broader audience benefiting from the venue and provide a gateway into the sport. A mini golf facility would be designed to blend with the natural environment at Burnley.
Golf courses in Australia that have positive examples of this type of facility include:
- “The Range” at Curlewis,
- Wembley Golf Complex in WA
- Golf Central in Brisbane
- La Trobe driving range in Bundoora
Nillumbik Council have also recently installed a mini golf course (in conjunction with Belgravia Leisure) at the Yarrambat Golf Course. Find out more.
- attractive to a broader audience including families, juniors, community groups, corporate users
- diversifies business operations to stay relevant in the changing sport and recreation market
- a mini golf course would require approximately 3000 m2 in space
- investment required to construct the facility (initial estimate approximately $1 million)