Consultation has concluded
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your local knowledge and ideas. An overview of community feedback and our recent amendments to the Bridge Road Streetscape Masterplan, is available in our Consultation Summary.
Council considered community feedback and adopted the Amended Bridge Road Streetscape Masterplan on Tuesday 21 November 2017.
We will now seek to progress towards the implementation of various initiatives identified in the Bridge Road Streetscape Masterplan via our annual budgetary processes.
A vision for public space improvements along Bridge Road
We are seeking community feedback on our Draft Bridge Road Streetscape Masterplan.
We produced this draft in close consultation with local traders, residents and visitors.
Your feedback will help us refine the draft and enhance one of Yarra’s most cherished shopping and dining strips.
Three unique precincts
The draft streetscape masterplan treats Bridge Road as three distinct precincts, each with their own unique character:
- Precinct 1: Richmond Hill (Punt Road to Church Street)
- Precinct 2: Civic and Institutional Precinct (Church Street to Burnley Street)
- Precinct 3: Bridge Road East (Burnley Street to Yarra River)
Revitalising the strip
The draft streetscape masterplan aims to:
- strengthen the existing character of each precinct
- enhance the sense of arrival onto Bridge Road
- provide a high quality public realm to support pedestrians, cyclists and public transport users
- develop spaces for relaxation and enjoyment
- improve and expand greenery
A broad range of improvements are proposed. Examples include:
- upgraded public spaces at the intersections
- plaza in front of the town hall
- new landscaping and planting projects
- upgraded public gathering areas
- improved spaces near tram stops
It’s important to note that the plan is designed to be rolled out over a number of years and that each proposal is subject to Council’s annual budget process and advocacy to other government agencies
How to get involved
You can view the full draft by following this link. You can also inspect a copy in person at Richmond Town Hall or Richmond Library.
Have your say via the submission form below (you need to be registered and logged in to complete the form).
Meet the urban designers and consultants (Hansen Partnership) responsible for the project and ask questions:
- Outdoor pop-up session (10–11.30am on Saturday 29 July in Mary Rogers Square at the corner of Bridge Road and Church Street, Richmond)
- Indoor session (7.00– 8.30pm on Thursday 10 August at Richmond Town Hall at 333 Bridge Road, Richmond)
This round of consultation will close at 5pm on Friday 18 August.
Feedback received will inform the next draft of the streetscape masterplan, which is expected to go to Council for consideration later in 2017.